2022 Deployment of the Canadian Campus Wellbeing Survey (CCWS) – A Canadian health and wellbeing assessment tool for Canadian campuses
Planning for the Winter 2022 deployment of the CCWS is now under way. The CCWS aims to help post-secondary institutions assess health and wellbeing on campuses, identify priorities for intervention, and increase capacity to link research with policy and practice. Participating in the CCWS in 2022 provides an opportunity to collect data that will help to set a new baseline as we look to post-pandemic recovery. Aligned with the National Standard for Mental Health and Well-Being for Post-Secondary Students, the CCWS vision is for a comprehensive and coordinated evaluation system for Canadian post-secondary student mental and physical health and wellbeing. Participating institutions receive a customized dataset for their own institution, as well as access to an interactive reporting tool (Tableau dashboard) to allow for comparisons between data for non-identified institutions, allowing for knowledge and resource sharing. The CCWS is now available to all post-secondary institutions across Canada with over 50 institutions participating so far.
Frequently Asked Questions about the CCWS for Students:
- When should I sign up? We recommend beginning preparations in June 2021. More details on the timeline and the steps to take part at https://www.ccws-becc.ca/resources.
- Can my institution participate any time, or should we coordinate deployment with other institutions? We are encouraging all interested institutions to take part in Winter 2022. However, your institution can participate at any time that suits your preference, individually or as part of a consortium. We recommend deploying on a 2- or 3-year cycle. Our ultimate goal is to have established consortia (who wish to be compared to each other) deploy together. You can connect with organizations that you are part of to explore how to coordinate deployments and potential data sharing.
- What topics are covered in the CCWS? The core domains are mental health and wellbeing, campus climate and student experience, health service utilization, physical health/health behaviours, academic achievement/experience, substance use, food security, and sexual health. The survey can be completed in French or English. An employee version will also be available starting Fall 2021.
- Can my institution add questions to the core survey? Yes. Up to five additional questions can be programmed into the institution’s version of the CCWS at no additional cost. Institutions participating with an organized cohort may choose to include the same additional items.
- How long does the survey take to complete? The CCWS is designed to be completed in a short period of time (15-20 minutes) to reduce student burden and increase response rate.
- How much does it cost to participate? The CCWS has been developed to be an ongoing survey on a cost-recovery model. The cost for survey participation is based on your institution’s total enrollment (head count) with details at www.ccws-becc.ca.
Please visit the CCWS website (ccws-becc.ca) or email send an e-mail to email@example.com to learn more.