CIHR Transitions in Care Application Deadline: October 10, 2018
The CIHR Transitions in Care (TiC) multi-Institute Initiative aims to improve the health and wellness of Canadians, by supporting research that transforms the health system to optimize the outcomes of patients experiencing transitions in care. As part of the initiative, the CIHR currently has a call for the 1-year, Best and Wise Practices Grants ($100,000) funding opportunity.
The Best and Wise Practices Grants are expected to:
- Develop relevant research capacity leading up to future TiC funding opportunities;
- Inform actionable health system changes within the TiC Focus Areas by supporting systematic identification and collating of transitions in care knowledge gaps and/or identification of effective evidence-based interventions and/or policies;
- Facilitate the identification of relevant transitions in care stakeholders and partnerships, with a particular focus on partnerships that can support community-based research and approaches that have potential for equitable spread and scale between communities, at a regional and/or national level.
This funding opportunity will support applications centred on the intersection of two or more TiC focus areas including:
- Across life’s trajectories,
- Changing health status or care
- Key populations to optimize transition outcomes.
The Best Practices Network would like to bring the Best and Wise Practices Grants funding opportunity to your attention as it has strong potential for application to campus mental health services. Although there is no specific campus-related pool of funding, there are special pools for proposals related to transition in care issues for indigenous, and transgender populations.