Best Practices Network Releases the New Best Practices GuideNov 22, 2022 | Best Practices Network
The Best Practices Network in Canadian Higher Education (BP-Net) is delighted to announce the release of our new Best Practices Guide. As foundational initiatives such as the National Standard and Okanagan Charter highlight the importance of incorporating evidence-based practices, the Guide outlines a process and framework to categorize student mental health and wellbeing practices along a continuum. This Guide represents the work of an extensive year-long environmental scan and consultation process with authoritative bodies (Public Health Agency of Canada, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, etc.), experts, and practitioners in post-secondary student mental health and public health. By offering standardized criteria for classifying practices to promote student mental health, the Guide offers post-secondary campuses opportunities to:
- Receive national recognition for their practice
- Increase the credibility of their practice
- Showcase their innovation and evaluation successes with other institutions
- Receive feedback and suggestions from expert reviewers to improve their practice
- Collaborate with colleagues across the country who will adopt and evaluate their practice, providing an opportunity for the practice to evolve along the continuum toward promising and best
- Contribute towards establishing best practices to support post-secondary student mental health
Recognizing innovations by practitioners and researchers on campuses, the Guide is inclusive of practices with varying stages of evidence (cutting-edge, emerging, promising, and best) and public health impact, with consideration of Indigenous-specific practices and health equity. Practices that are successful in receiving a designation through the Best Practices Guide will be featured in an online portal that will soon be available to members. Future information about the portal and membership will be forthcoming.
Questions about the Best Practices Guide and opportunities for submission and review can be sent to email@example.com.