The MHCC is hosting a breakfast event to share and promote best practices, to discuss the intersections of substance use and mental health on campus and ensure these perspectives inform the new voluntary Standard for Psychological Health and Safety for Post-Secondary Students (PSS Standard).
The MHCC hopes this event will:
- Provide an opportunity for those in attendance to ask questions and gain further information on this project;
- Provide a platform to listen to perspectives on student mental health as it pertains to substance use and addictions;
- Gain a greater sense of the barriers and successes that are experienced by students through a substance use and addictions lens;
- Learn about the promising practices and successes that are being experienced on campus regarding substance use and mental health;
- Inform the audience of how they can be involved in the project on an ongoing basis.
The MHCC is looking to host an event with a broad representation of people and organizations with a specific substance use and addictions lens who have the interest and expertise in supporting post-secondary student mental health. The deadline to submit your request to participate is Friday, May 17th, 2019. Spaces are limited, however, there will be a live stream option.
Date: Friday, May 24, 2019
Time: 8:00 am – 11:00 am
Location: Ryerson University
International Living Learning Centre
240 Jarvis Street