Wednesday, November 20th, 2019 from 1:00 – 2:00 PM EST
With 2 million students in post-secondary institutions in Canada, mental health is a growing and pressing societal problem. The Mental Health Commission of Canada wants to help post-secondary institutions support and promote mental health and well-being for students.
The MHCC invites you to join this webinar to learn about:
- Supporting mental health for post-secondary students
- Mental health on Canadian post-secondary campuses
- What is a Standard? Why this PSS Standard?
- Who is supporting the creation of the Standard?
- The Inquiring Mind Post-Secondary (TIM PS) mental health training program
- Overview of the program and concepts
- Course results and case studies
- How to get training on campus
- Introduction to NEADS
- How it supports students with mental health conditions
- Role in supporting the development of the PSSS
- How TIM PS can be utilized and promoted on campuses across Canada
View a Recording of this Webinar
Katie Lemenchick, CMP, Business Development Officers, Mental Health First Aid and The Working Mind
Polly Leonard, MSW, RSW, Program Manager, Post-Secondary Student Standard
Frank Smith, NEADS National Coordinator
Mohamed Behi, NEADS Secretary/Director at Large