Wednesday, November 20th, 2019 from 1:00 – 2:00 PM EST
With 2 million students in post-secondary institutions in Canada, mental health is a growing and pressing societal problem. The Mental Health Commission of Canada wants to help post-secondary institutions support and promote mental health and well-being for students.
The MHCC invites you to join this webinar to learn about:
- Supporting mental health for post-secondary students
- Mental health on Canadian post-secondary campuses
- What is a Standard? Why this PSS Standard?
- Who is supporting the creation of the Standard?
- The Inquiring Mind Post-Secondary (TIM PS) mental health training program
- Overview of the program and concepts
- Course results and case studies
- How to get training on campus
- Introduction to NEADS
- How it supports students with mental health conditions
- Role in supporting the development of the PSSS
- How TIM PS can be utilized and promoted on campuses across Canada
Katie Lemenchick, CMP, Business Development Officers, Mental Health First Aid and The Working Mind
Polly Leonard, MSW, RSW, Program Manager, Post-Secondary Student Standard
Frank Smith, NEADS National Coordinator
Mohamed Behi, NEADS Secretary/Director at Large